Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Print


This is my first print that I made using a copper plate and a lead point. It was an interesting processes and there was a lot I wish i could change about it. The image is a woman's hand clasping onto a man's arm. She is holding on so tight that she is drawing blood and it is pooling into a heart shape in the man's hand. I was trying to convey how sometimes love can hurt. Also how at times people can try to separate you from the people you love or the things you love and how painful that can be.

1 comment:

  1. love the tension of this print! its quite dynamic. intense contrast going on between lines, angles, and values... and the fingers clenched are so inviting. I keep looking at this print and it makes me want to tense and bend my fingers in response.

    ReplyDelete